Mini Scooped - A Charitable Ice Cream & Pottery Event
Join us on North Main Street in Winchester for an afternoon outside enjoying our community - from a safe distance.
In the past, Scooped has been a celebration of community – a neighborhood coming together to enjoy our downtown while helping raise money for a local cause. With the pandemic still restricting how we can safely gather, we are rethinking what community is and how we can celebrate together.
Dirty South Pottery is hosting this event, and through our studio on North Main St. we have made over 200 unique ice cream bowls to be donated! 100% of the proceeds from this year’s Mini Scooped will be split evenly between the Clark Co. Homeless Coalition and Leed’s Center for the Arts. Both of these non-profits are doing wonderful work in our community, and have been in need of donations since most of their fundraising efforts have been cancelled for over a year.
In addition to the proceeds of the event, Dirty South Pottery will also be donating 15% of our daily sales on May 22nd to these non-profits, so make sure you swing by if you’d like to help us add to the total donation amount!
What you can expect from the 2021 Mini Scooped event:
- Tickets will be purchased with a certain time attached – you’ll be able to pick up your bowl at your ticketed time. Tickets go on sale here May 15th at 10am and will be $17 each.
- You’ll be picking your ice cream & bowl up in front of Leed’s Center for the Arts. Masks over your mouth and nose will be REQUIRED for you to pick up your items. No exceptions.
- Unique and handmade mystery Ice Cream Bowls will be wrapped beforehand and safely packaged in a bag. We will not be serving the ice cream from the bowls this year, but you’ll find a few extra goodies in your bag!
- With the ticket, you’ll be able to choose a single scoop of ice cream from the provided flavors (yet to be announced!). The scoops will be in pre-packaged containers from the ice cream makers - no extra scoops will be available for purchase this year.
- We will have outdoor tables & chairs provided for your use while you eat your ice cream – sanitized in between each use by our amazing volunteers.
- Pottery demonstrations on the wheel will be in front of Dirty South Pottery. Feel free to come watch the process of pottery being made in real time before or after eating your ice cream.
- Enjoy our wonderful downtown – there are plenty of places to grab lunch or a drink, shop & just enjoy the day.
CDC & Kentucky State Guidelines for safe events in regards to COVID-19 will be enforced during this event. Please be a good neighbor and help us keep our volunteers & Winchester safe!
Saturday May 22, 2021
North Main Street - Pickup at
Leed’s Center for the Arts
Ticketed pickup starts at 12:00pm