Hey y’all! Thanks for taking the time to shop with us – either online, on-the-phone or coming down to window shop from the store. It means so, so, so much right now – we can never be grateful enough.
We have had many people reach out to see how COVID-19 has affected shopping with us and to ask important questions. I wanted to take the time to create a space to answer all of those questions – I’ll be updating this post as things change so any information on here is accurate.
Store Hours & Policies:
***NOVEMBER 20th Update***
Please read the updated guidelines & hours for shopping with us!
New Store Hours:
(starting November 10th, 2020)
Tuesday: 10-2pm - Appointment Only
Appointments available from 9-10am Wed-Sat for those
wishing to shop privately (must be booked at least the day before)
Throughout this pandemic, we have unfortunately had to downsize our staff from 3 full-time employees to 2, and our in-store part-time staff down to 1. This effects how we are able to operate the store while also getting the mandatory tasks that are needed to run a pottery studio. Currently, having limited open store hours is the only way that we can accomplish all the tasks. We appreciate your understanding!
New Store Policies: Please read fully!
- Limited capacity of 4 customers in-store (this includes children). We ask that before you walk into the store that you look through the glass door to see how many shoppers we have, and wait before entering if we are at our capacity of 4. We also ask that any non-essential members of your shopping group remain outside so that we will have more space for other shoppers.
- Masks are REQUIRED. Our staff will be wearing masks when interacting with customers. Please keep in mind that our store is also our workspace & is attached to our home. We ask that you give the store & our requests the same respect as you would when entering the home of a friend.
- Please use one of our THREE hand sanitizing stations throughout your visit with us, including using it one upon entry. The closest station is to the left of the door as you walk in.
-Be aware of our social distance and one-way markers that are on the floor - they are there to help keep our shoppers safe!
- Shoppers are allowed to touch pottery while shopping, but we are asking that any touched-but-unwanted pottery be placed at our Sanitizing Station near the register. Our staff will wash the piece and put it back into the store for the next customer.
- We have added plexiglass barriers between staff and the customers. Please do not step around these barriers to talk to us or for any reason.
- We ask that customers keep a safe 6 ft distance between themselves and other shoppers & staff, including waiting in line.
- Extra signage has been put up EVERYWHERE in the store so you don't have to search for the pricing on the objects. Please take an extra moment to use this signage for pricing information before picking up items.
- Wipe downs of heavily touched or trafficked areas are routine for our staff.
- Our new register allows for touchless checkout with Apple Pay. We have also modified our system to allow for you to process your own card payment & have the receipt printed directly towards you. Cash is discouraged.
- We have discontinued our Dirty Southerner Rewards Cards - any full cards will be honored, but no new stamps will be issued.
We are still taking orders over-the-phone and the pickup option on our website will remain up for those who do not wish to shop in-store.
To shop online
– head over to our shop page
and have a look around! Purchase what you’d like, and if you want it shipped you can take advantage of our $8 flat-rate shipping policy. If you’d like access to our $5 flat-rate shipping, sign up for our newsletter (halfway down our homepage
in a gray box) and you’ll receive an email with a code to use for the current month. Our shipping days are currently Monday, Wednesday and Friday (subject to change in the future)
I placed an order online for pickup – when will it be ready?
We strive to process orders as quickly as possible. Since we are currently down to a team of two, it is taking us 1 business day to guarantee those orders are ready. You should receive an email letting you know your order has been fulfilled, and that means it is ready to go!
Should I call before I head down to pickup my order?
As long as you are visiting us during our posted store hours, you only need to call or text when you are outside for pickup. PLEASE NOTE that our hours may need to be adjusted in the future, so we advise you check back here to make sure of our current hours.
Which is better for Dirty South – pickup or shipping?
Pickup (when possible) is always preferred. It takes us less time and resources to process a pickup order verses a shipping order. The most important thing is that we can guarantee the safety of the pottery when we can hand it off straight to you. We have little breakage these days, but with shipping we unfortunately cannot make any guarantees. PLEASE NOTE: if you are sick, live with someone who has been sick, are immune compromised, or otherwise at a high-risk of contracting COVID-19, we ask you to please stay at home and let us ship it to you.
I accidentally forgot to use the code for pickup – what should I do?
Just shoot us an email at email@example.com letting us know that you want to pickup your order instead of having it shipped. As long as we haven’t processed and shipped the order, we will be able to refund your shipping expense.
Do you do custom orders?
UPDATE 4/15/2020 - Due to our clay supplier temporarily shutting down, we are no longer taking small custom order requests. This is in the hopes of preserving clay for a longer period of time. Larger corporate gift orders will still be accepted - please submit an inquiry here if you are interested in corporate gifts.
For other, more general Frequently Asked Questions about our company, please head over to our full page.
Once again, thank you all for your support; past, present, and future.