Hey y’all! Thanks for taking the time to shop with us – either online, on-the-phone or coming down to window shop from the store. It means so, so, so much right now – we can never be grateful enough.
We have had many people reach out to see how COVID-19 has affected shopping with us and to ask important questions. I wanted to take the time to create a space to answer all of those questions – I’ll be updating this post as things change so any information on here is accurate.
Store Hours & Policies:
***June 20th Update*** As of June 20th, 2020 our store in Winchester will be opening to walk-in traffic on a limited basis. Please read the updated guidelines & hours for shopping with us!
New Store Hours: (starting June 20, 2020)
Sun - Tuesday - CLOSED
Wed - Thursday - Appointments, call aheads & order pickup ONLY. 10-5pm
Fri - Saturday - Open to walk-in traffic 10-5pm (closure midday for lunch)
***Please note that we are no longer open in any capacity on Tuesdays, and that we will be only open to appointments and pickup orders on Wednesday & Thursday.
Throughout this pandemic, we have unfortunately had to downsize our staff from 3 full-time employees to 2, and our in-store part-time help is practically non-existent. We are back to a semi-permanent staff of 2. This effects how we are able to operate the store while also getting the mandatory tasks that are needed to run a pottery studio. Currently, having limited open store hours is the only way that we can accomplish all the tasks. We appreciate your understanding!
New Store Policies: Please read fully!
- Limited capacity of 4 customers in-store (this includes children)
- Masks are heavily, heavily, heavily, HEAVILY encouraged. Our staff will be wearing masks when interacting with customers. Please keep in mind that our store is also our workspace & is attached to our home. We ask that you give the store & our requests the same respect as you would when entering the home of a friend.
- Shoppers are allowed to touch pottery while shopping, but we are asking that any touched-but-unwanted pottery be placed at our Sanitizing Station near the register. Our staff will wash the piece and put it back into the store for the next customer.
- Please use the provided hand sanitizer when entering and exiting our store.
- We have added plexiglass barriers between staff and the customers. Please do not step around these barriers to talk to us or for any reason.
- We ask that customers keep a safe 6 ft distance between themselves and other shoppers & staff, including waiting in line.
- We have limited the amount of stock that is exposed to open air contamination in our store. All shipped items will come from covered storage or be washed before being shipped.
- Routine wipe downs of heavily touched or trafficked areas will be instigated.
- Our new register allows for touchless checkout with Apple Pay. We have also modified our system to allow for you to process your own card payment & have the receipt printed directly towards you. Cash is discouraged.
- We have discontinued our Dirty Southerner Rewards Cards - any full cards will be honored, but no new stamps will be issued.
- Signage with the prices of all pottery is now posted throughout the store to minimize your need to touch items. Please use these signs instead of checking the individual price tags.
We are still taking orders over-the-phone and the pickup option on our website will remain up for those who do not wish to shop in-store. If possible, please come in to pick up your order on Friday and Saturdays so that we do not have to leave the store when another customer might be inside shopping.
To shop online
– head over to our shop page
and have a look around! Purchase what you’d like, and if you want it shipped you can take advantage of our $8 flat-rate shipping policy. If you’d like access to our $5 flat-rate shipping, sign up for our newsletter (halfway down our homepage
in a gray box) and you’ll receive an email with a code to use for the current month. Our shipping days are currently Monday, Wednesday and Friday (subject to change in the future)
I placed an order online for pickup – when will it be ready?
We strive to process orders as quickly as possible. Since we are currently down to a team of two, it is taking us 1 business day to guarantee those orders are ready. You should receive an email letting you know your order has been fulfilled, and that means it is ready to go!
Should I call before I head down to pickup my order?
As long as you are visiting us during our posted store hours, you only need to call or text when you are outside for pickup. PLEASE NOTE that our hours may need to be adjusted in the future, so we advise you check back here to make sure of our current hours.
Which is better for Dirty South – pickup or shipping?
Pickup (when possible) is always preferred. It takes us less time and resources to process a pickup order verses a shipping order. The most important thing is that we can guarantee the safety of the pottery when we can hand it off straight to you. We have little breakage these days, but with shipping we unfortunately cannot make any guarantees. PLEASE NOTE: if you are sick, live with someone who has been sick, are immune compromised, or otherwise at a high-risk of contracting COVID-19, we ask you to please stay at home and let us ship it to you.
I accidentally forgot to use the code for pickup – what should I do?
Just shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org letting us know that you want to pickup your order instead of having it shipped. As long as we haven’t processed and shipped the order, we will be able to refund your shipping expense.
Do you do custom orders?
UPDATE 4/15/2020 - Due to our clay supplier temporarily shutting down, we are no longer taking small custom order requests. This is in the hopes of preserving clay for a longer period of time. Larger corporate gift orders will still be accepted - please submit an inquiry here if you are interested in corporate gifts.
For other, more general Frequently Asked Questions about our company, please head over to our full page.
Once again, thank you all for your support; past, present, and future.